Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Am officially stress free......

Well at least for a little while! On the 8th of July I went in for an interview for a new position that is opening up at our school, and came out feeling not so good about my chances.....then on Monday morning I got a phone call from the board to tell me that I am to present myself at the school on September 1st to start my new job!!!! I was totally shocked! I cried and jumped around the living room living little school girl who just found out a boy liked her! I tell you this is amazing! I no longer have to worry about what I am going to be doing the following week, this is permanent and full time!!!

OK and now that I have been stress free for a week, I have been doing some scrappy stuff! Here are a few challenges that I have entered!
I made this easel card for Sweet Shop's (http://sweetstopsketches.blogspot.com/) challenge of a sketch and Christmas in July. As well as for the challenge over at Bah-Humbug (http://bah-humbug-christmas.blogspot.com/). They wanted to see a shaped card. This was my first time making a round easel card. It was quite easy, I just might have to make some more of them in the future!

This cute little card was made for Saturday Sketchers (http://sketchsaturday.blogspot.com/) I loved working with this sketch, I will definitlely be using this one again! I also combined it with the colour challenge over at JUGS (http://justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.com/) and the anything goes theme over at Simon Says (http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/)

Oh! I almost forgot! My poor little baby took a nasty flip on her bike last week. She hit a very loose gravel trail, and was going a little too fast and lost control of her bike. She flew right over the handle bars and skidded face first into the gravel path. She has some nasty cuts on her face, arm and leg. (yes only on the right side of her body).

But I am very happy to say that she is healing up super quick. All the scabs on her face are already gone and all she has to show for her tumble is some pretty pink skin. I think all her swimming in the pool has helped to heal up faster.

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow these are absolutely gorgeous, sooooo cute.
    Aww your poor baby girl, tell her she is still beautiful even with her war wounds :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cards! Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the easel card you made using the sketch..so cute!! I hope your poor daughter heals very quickly. Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor little one! That must have been scary! Good thing kids heal fast and they forget hurting!
    Lovely card. I love the shape and the sweet image. Great papers! Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, GRACIOUS! I am ALL turned around by, first - your fun blog header! The fact that you are ROCKIN' the bald look and please, continued success on telling the "Big C!" to pack its ugly bags, THEN there's terrific card craft, huge tales of stressfulness, SOLVED! Then, the poor little girl who is NOW, thank goodness, much better! My goodness - I laughed, I cried, I celebrated - and most of all - I feel THANKFUL for you! And for US - delighted, in fact, because you shared your wonderful talent with Just Us Girls! Yipeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute cards! Congrats on the job and glad DD is healing fast. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Elise! Beautifully bald!!! Your cards are so PRETTY!!! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls! Your poor daughter! So glad to hear she is healing well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both of these! So Adorable! Darling images on both and wonderful coloring too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop!

    Sending Healing wishes and prayers to you and your daughter. And Congrats on your new Gig too! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I'm very glad to hear you're stress free, it's a good place to be!! Your Christmas card is just fab, I love the round easel! Thanks for playing along with Bah Humbug! x

    ReplyDelete