Friday, May 27, 2011

It's ALL gone!!!!

Today was the day to say goodbye to my hair! I challenged the kids at school to help raise $800, for the Relay for life Cancer Walk, and if they did it I would shave my head! Well they raised more than $1,800!!! WOW!!!

This year the disease hit a little too close to home for me. Two young children lost a parent to cancer at our school this year. And two of our co-workers have been diagnosed with cancer. I thought I had to do something to help raise money for the cause and find a cure to this horrible disease!

It was very touching when Lynn, one of co-workers who fighting Breast Cancer came to watch us! She was crying and kept saying Thank you! I cried like a baby myself when I saw her! It was so nice to see her there with us!

Now I have to say this I was so excited to get my hair shaved!!! I love how it feels now! I haven't stopped smiling since it was done or giggling. I tell you, I am living with a whole bunch senses I have never felt before! Like when a breeze blows over you head and it feels like a thousand little feathers brushing up against your scalp. Or taking a shower and not having any hairs stuck to your fingers after you wash it! But the best is when you walk out of the shower, you pat your head and your hair is DRY INSTANTLY!!! LOL!!!

Here are some photos taking at school while they shaved my head. It was all done on the stage in front of all the students and staff!

Here I am with my Fancy pink wig, just before they shaved me! LOL! What do you think, is pink my colour?

A work in progress!

OMG!!!  Look at all that hair!!! I am not shocked that it's gone, but at the amount that there was!! LOL! What you see in my hands is not all of my hair, there was still plenty more on the floor behind me!!!!!

I will post a self portrait of me later with my new 8 ball of a head. (After it was done all the 6th graders at the school kept asking if they could rub my head. So the joke now is that I am the wise old 8 ball. Just ask a question and give it a rub! LOL!). I don't seem to have any nice photosof it right now!

2 comments:

  1. Brave brave girl!! Super photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so brave and amazing. Not many people would do what you did. You're so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete