Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Princess cake

My girlfriend asked me to make a Princess cake for her daughter's 4th birthday. Her daughter was very specifique with wich Princess it had to be, the colour of the dress and the type of cake.

Well here it is, Princess Aurora, dressed in pink with a flowy gown, and white cake! LOL!

The pink part of the dress did not turn out quite like I would have liked, I was hoping to have it flow a little more in the front and be a little more "billowy" (if that is a word LOL) but it was crazy hot and humid here and the fondant really wasn't very coperative. So made due with what I could get! 
I hand drew some little details on the bottom of the dress with my sprakle dust and some lemon juice.

Well both my girlfriend and her daughter loved it, so I guess that is all that counts!


Hope you all had a wonderful Day!


2 comments:

  1. Brilliant cake, Shirley. I would have loved this as a little girl. I'm sure your recipient will too. I'll have to get some baking done in my holidays. You've inspired me!

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. another masterpiece! I bet you had one thrilled little girl!

    ReplyDelete