Sunday, March 4, 2012

Fairytale Castle

Lately I have been seeing some amazing cards online, that had all kinds of gorgeous backgrounds on them, and I have been wanting to make on for a  very long time. Well yesterday, I sat down, drew up a sketch and got started. Well let me tell you, it took me ALL DAY!!! I hand drew the castle and all the stones on it, then I paper pieced the door, the window and the the top of the towers. The images are all coloured in with Copics and Prismacolour pencils.

So what do you think?

Tilda daydreaming in the tower of her castle.

What's this? Has the prince-frog come to make her dream come
true?

I really love how this one turned out! At least now if I decide to make another one, I already have a template for the castle, so it shouldn't take so long! ( I hope! LOL)

Here a few more cards that I have made for some challenges on other sites.

The first one is for the Card Your Ass Off over at Paper Secrets. (http://papersecrets.friendhood.net/t2369-cyao-4-due-3-5)

We had to follow a sketch, and use certain things from the list provided. I chose to use Stampin, ribbon and die cuts. All paper use here were from the Basic Grey. I love their 6X6 paper packs!

The second card I have, is on made for Pixie Cottage.

We had to use this sketch:
And this is what I came up with:

I haven't written a sentiment yet, as I am not sure what the card will be used for.

Well that is all for this weekend, I hope I was able to inspire you somehow, and that you will come by again!

3 comments:

  1. Love your card - great take on the sketch.
    Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card with the pretty dp and doily. Thanks for sharing with us at The Pixie Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an adorable Card!! The image is so cute!! Thank you so much for joining us at The Pixie Cottage!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete